4 Stocks Rising on Big Volume
Websense (WBSN) is a provider of unified Web, data and email content security solutions that are designed to protect data and users from modern cyber-threats, information leaks, legal liability and productivity loss. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $15.48 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 534,000Average Volume: 233,516 Volume % Change: 294% Shares of WBSN are trending higher today after the company pre-announced fourth-quarter billings that beat its guidance and disclosed a new CEO will lead the firm. From a technical perspective, WBSN is gapping higher here right off some near-term support at $15 with above-average volume. This move has started to push WBSN into breakout territory, since the stock is flirting with some near-term overhead resistance at $15.59 to $16.13. At last check, WBSN has hit an intraday high of $15.88 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 233,516 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in WBSN as long as it's trending above 15.59 to $16.13 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 233,516 shares as bullish. If WBSN can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 200-day of $16.59 to $16.93. Any high-volume move above $16.93 will then put $18 to $19.25 into focus for shares of WBSN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV