Incyte (INCY), which focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary small molecule drugs to treat serious unmet medical needs, is trading up 5.2% at $19.17 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.56 millionAverage Volume: 1.35 million Volume % Change: 110% From a technical perspective, INCY is ripping higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $17.30 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing INCY within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if INCY takes out some key overhead resistance levels at $19.60 to $19.80 and then once it clears more resistance at $20 to $20.53 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in INCY as long as it's trending above some near-term support at $18.14, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 1.35 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then INCY will set up to re-fill some its previous gap down zone from last August that started at around $26.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV