Celebrate Snow In Colorado With Exciting Winter Festivals
DENVER, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As Colorado completes its transformation into a winter wonderland, the destination features special celebrations and festivals, ranging from ski joring competitions to a milestone winter carnival. Following are some of the top winter festivals for Colorado in winter 2013. For more information or to learn about additional Colorado winter events and festivals, visit www.colorado.com.
- WinterBike, Copper ( January 19). Winner of the NSAA's "Most Unique Event" in 2012, the 2 nd annual festival encourages participants to slip, slide and ride their way through Copper Village to a finish line celebration complete with fireworks. Registration for WinterBike is $20.
- Winter Brew Fest, Denver ( January 25). A celebration of craft beverages from around Colorado and beyond, the Winter Brew Fest features live local music, food tastings, and other entertainment.
- Snowdown , Durango ( January 30 – February 3). Celebrate snow at Durango's annual quirky winter festival, where this year's theme is "Get Your Geek On" iSnowdown 2.0.13. Guests will enjoy more than 60 unique and zany events: ski softball tournament, Snowdown Balloon Rally, beard growing contest and more.
- Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival , Steamboat Springs ( February 6-10). This historic winter festival celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2013. Events include: the snow sculpture contest, ski races, snow tubing, live entertainment and performances by the Steamboat Springs High School marching band — the world's only marching band on skis.
- WinterFest Weekend , Pagosa Springs ( February 7 – 10). Some events include Nordic races for kids and adults, Anything Goes Downhill Sled Race, Snow Sculpting Contest, Snowshoe Stop and more.
- Telluride's Gay Ski Week , Telluride ( February 22 – March 3). From the Academy Awards watching party, to the popular White Night Party, ski week guests will enjoy 10 days of skiing and events.
- Big Air on Elk , Crested Butte ( March 9). A snowmobile tows top local skiers and snowboarders, launching them off of a five-story, park-style jump at Third Street and Elk Avenue.
- The Ski Joring & Crystal Carnival, Leadville ( March 1 – 3). Ski joring is a competition where a horse and rider pull a skier at a fast pace through a course that features gates, jumps and rings. Additional activities include a children's parade, Nordic and winter mountain bike races and more.
Contacts: Roland Alonzi / 646-442-6765, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV