Government Of Canada Supports The Health, Well-being And School Readiness Of Aboriginal Children
Through the Public Health Agency of Canada's Aboriginal Head Start in Urban and Northern Communities (AHSUNC) program, the Government of Canada invests $32.1 million annually in 131 community-based sites focused on early childhood development reaching 4,800 First Nations, Inuit and Métis children and their families living in urban and northern communities across Canada.
Opokaa'sin Early Learning Centre Preschool Readiness Project
Today's funding announcement of close to $550,000 will support a project led by the Opokaa'sin Early Intervention Society to provide a culturally enriched preschool readiness program for urban Aboriginal children between three and five years of age living in the Lethbridge area.
About the ProjectThe Opokaas'in Early Intervention Society will:
- Deliver a program for urban Aboriginal children and their parents or caregivers to attend four times a week.
- Engage participants in activities to improve school readiness, enhance knowledge of Aboriginal culture and language, and improve health and nutritional practices.
- Provide parents and caregivers with parenting support and skill-building information to encourage active involvement in their child's education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV