Savante Wine Cellars Found In Breach Of Contract For Aspen Home
DENVER, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A Denver District court judge found Savante Wine Cellars in breach of contract and in breach of implied warranty and fitness claims in a case involving a homeowner who brought suit last year against the company. Savante Wine Cellars, owned and operated by Darryl Hogeback, is a custom wine room builder in Colorado constructing wine rooms in high-end custom homes.
Aspen resident Mike Solondz had contracted with Savante to have a custom wine racking system installed in a wine room in his new Aspen custom home. Shortly after the wine room was completed, Solondz realized that many of the bottles in his wine collection did not fit into the shelves constructed by Savante. Solondz asked Savante to correct the defective work, but was surprised to learn that Savante demanded to be paid additional monies to correct the defects, prompting Solondz to file suit.
In a written 20-page decision, the court found that the work completed by Savante was done so in accordance with a design that was modified by Savante without approval from Solondz. The court therefore concluded that there was not substantial compliance with the contract, constituting a material breach of the contract. The court also found that "the wine racking system provided was ultimately not fit for the particular purpose contacted for," and concluded that Savante also breached the implied warranty of fitness, awarding Solondz damages in the amount $11,270 plus costs and interests.
SOURCE Mike Solondz
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV