DETROIT, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As over 50 new vehicles and concept cars are being unveiled at the 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) today and tomorrow in Detroit, for the first time livestream video is being provided to mobile devices exclusively on the NAIAS Official Auto Show App. The Official NAIAS App, powered by WDIV-TV / ClickOnDetroit.com and sponsored by Oakland University, is now available for free download for both iPhone and Android devices.
From the latest breaking automotive news, photos and videos, and a virtual map of the show floor, the Official news and information app for the 2013 NAIAS has everything auto show fans need to stay informed. It's the 2013 way to enjoy the Auto Show, adding a whole new dimension of fun, facts and features including:
- Livestream video of vehicle unveilings on mobile devices
- Information about the show and ticket sales
- Virtual map to the show floor at Cobo Center
- News updates from ClickOnDetroit.com
- Twitter updates from #NAIAS
- Detroit weather forecasts and live radar
- Detroit Guide to local restaurants and businesses
"The new NAIAS App puts everything auto show in the palm of smart phone users," said Jim Seavitt, chairman, NAIAS 2013. "It is the best way to keep track of what's happening at the show on a minute-by-minute basis. It's the must-have App for 2013."
"We are delighted to partner with the NAIAS in providing the news content for the Official NAIAS Mobile App to greatly enhance visitors enjoyment of this world class event," said Marla Drutz, VP and General Manager of WDIV-TV. "WDIV and Post-Newsweek Stations have always been a leader in innovation and our development of this app and partnership with the DADA is another illustration of that commitment to taking our award-winning news coverage to the next level.""We are very pleased to be the sponsor of the official North American International Auto Show app," says Gary Russi, president of Oakland University. "Our Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), which ranks second in the state among collegiate SAE chapters, will be at the show for the third year in a row displaying their vehicles. It's a great experience for our students and now they and thousands of other viewers will be able to experience the show in real time through the mobile app." In addition to providing the news for the Official 2013 NAIAS App, Local 4 News and ClickOnDetroit.com will have complete and unparalleled auto show coverage on-air and online. Local 4 News Morning will broadcast live from Cobo Center as the NAIAS Press Week begins. Daily news reports and broadcasts from the show floor will be featured in all Local 4 newscasts throughout the week. Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 8 p.m. a special primetime Dateline Detroit will take you behind the scenes at the NAIAS with a look at what's new today in the auto industry. Friday, Jan. 18, at 7 p.m., Carmen Harlan, Devin Scillian, Chuck Gaidica, Guy Gordon, Rhonda Walker and Ashlee Baracy host Local 4's live coverage of the Charity Preview gala event. The Official NAIAS Mobile App was developed for the DADA and WDIV-TV by WaPo Labs, a digital development team focused on emerging technologies at The Washington Post Company, in cooperation with PNS Digital, the digital media team of Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV