With the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now calling this season’s flu outbreak an epidemic, JEWEL-OSCO ® is taking extra steps to help consumers stay healthy.
This week the retailer will ship about 7,000 additional doses of the flu vaccine to its pharmacies, with deliveries scheduled to begin Tuesday, Jan. 15, and continue the next day. About 170 JEWEL-OSCO pharmacies are to receive some of the additional doses. Delivery dates are based on store locations, so customers are advised to contact their local JEWEL-OSCO Pharmacy for more information. The retailer has experienced an increase in demand for the flu vaccine this season compared to last.
JEWEL-OSCO has specially-trained immunizers to administer the traditional flu shot and needle-free FluMist ® nasal spray, as well as the Fluzone ® High-Dose vaccine for patients ages 65 and older. The vaccine is available on a walk-in basis, during regular pharmacy hours, and is reasonably priced at $29.99 for either the traditional shot or the FluMist ®. Fluzone ® HD is available for $59.99. This cost is covered by Medicare Part B and many commercial health plans, so many customers may not incur out-of-pocket expenses.
About JEWEL-OSCO JEWEL-OSCO operates 179 stores in Illinois, Iowa and Indiana. With a market-leading position in Chicago, JEWEL-OSCO stores offer consumers the convenience of combined grocery and pharmacy retail. Originally established in 1899, the company and its associates remain committed to the communities they serve. For more information about JEWEL-OSCO, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV