BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- After 40 years at the helm of one of the largest global hotel empires, executive chairman of Marriott International (NYSE: MAR), J.W. "Bill" Marriott, Jr., offers a revealing and candid glimpse of what he has learned in a lifetime of hosting the world, in his new book Without Reservations: How A Family Root Beer Stand Grew Into a Global Hotel Company. The book is now available for $9.99 through all major eRetailers, including Amazon, iTunes and Barnes & Noble. Hard covers will be available in spring 2013.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
In the book, Marriott reveals never-before-shared personal stories and business lessons, such as his decision to relinquish the CEO helm – after 40 years – to Arne Sorenson, the first CEO in company history without the last name Marriott. He candidly discusses why one of his four children wasn't tapped as his successor.
A generous philanthropist and supporter of hospitality schools across the U.S., profits from Marriott's book sales will benefit two programs supporting hotel training for disadvantaged youth, Bridges...From School to Work® and Youth Career Initiative.The book release culminates a year of milestones for Marriott, who just days after celebrating his 80th birthday in March, relinquished the helm of CEO. "I felt that it was time to write some things down and share the secret to our company's success -- especially our core values that create the foundation for how we take care of our people and the way we do business all around the world. I also thought it was time to share a few memorable and entertaining stories that may really surprise folks."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV