Since then the value of Oracle has risen about 45%, sales are up by 63%, and profits are up 56%, on an annual basis. The market is offering a premium multiple of 16.44 for those earnings, against less than 12 for Apple (AAPL).
The belief is that since Oracle sells database software and high-end hardware to scaled enterprises, its earnings are more certain going forward than those of a mere consumer device maker, and Sun is a big reason for this.
But is it? Oracle's hardware sales are trending down,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV