Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the opening of Hyatt Regency Qingdao, introducing the Hyatt Regency brand to China’s booming coastal city in the Shandong province. Hyatt Regency Qingdao will be the first upscale urban resort in northern China with an idyllic ocean setting.
Known as the “Pearl of the Yellow Sea,” Qingdao’s location on the Shandong Peninsula, beside the Yellow Sea, is renowned for its natural scenery, beautiful coastline and pleasant climate. It is also recognized as an important economic hub and port city on China’s east coast. A popular tourism destination full of history, visitors also flock to Qingdao to savor its world-famous Tsingtao beer and delicious seafood. Qingdao was crowned China’s Most Liveable City in 2011 by China Institute of City Competitiveness.
Ideally positioned for business and pleasure, Hyatt Regency Qingdao is located in Laoshan district, Qingdao’s new business, commercial and entertainment center. It has direct access to Shi Lao Ren Beach, a nearly two mile stretch of yellow sand beachfront and azure waters.
“As the only upscale beachfront hotel in northern China, our urban resort truly offers the best of city convenience and resort-style indulgence. We look forward to bringing Hyatt’s world-class dining, hospitality and amenities to the beautiful beach city of Qingdao,” says Anthony Ha, general manager of Hyatt Regency Qingdao.“The opening of Hyatt Regency in Qingdao, a popular gateway city, is a significant milestone for us, as we continue to grow our brands in China in a sustainable manner,” said Christopher Koehler, vice president of operations for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in China. “We are very pleased to be able to offer our signature brand of hospitality and unrivalled guest experience at Hyatt Regency Qingdao and believe that this opening will underscore our commitment to creating preference for Hyatt-branded hotels throughout China.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV