Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When it comes to whether or not to own shares of Apple (AAPL) for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday he turns to his kids for advice.
He said the views of the younger generation can be a good indication of whether Apple is still at the top of its game.
So what are Cramer's kids telling him? He said that he's seeing some frustration over issues like Apple's maps and the latest version of iTunes. Apple used to be the company that could do no wrong, he noted, but it seems to be having trouble getting things right as of late. This can be a big problem for a company that charges a premium for its products.Cramer said he still owns shares of Apple for his trust but has been trimming his position. He said fortunes can change with a transformative acquisition or an "OMG" product, but for now Apple just can't demand the premium it once did for its stock. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV