Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Higher taxes and disarray in Washington has caused 2013 to become the exact opposite of 2012, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Monday. Cramer said all the stocks that investors fled from in 2012 are now the hot commodities of 2013.
Cramer said January usually sets the trends for the year, and this year the trends are to stay away from everything domestic and stick with big international companies that can offer growth.
This certainly is true of China, he said, where the
iShares FTSE China 25
(FXI), a fund he owns for his charitable trust,
Playing MatchmakerWith the housing market on the mend, Cramer played matchmaker and suggested that Masco (MAS) should merge with Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS) to create a housing powerhouse. He said while both companies will likely have a strong 2013, they'd do even better as a combined company. Why would a Masco Fortune be a match made in heaven? Because while both companies have already restructured themselves and taken out a ton of costs, a combined company could take out even more, eliminating duplicate functions and dramatically increasing margins by also getting better pricing on materials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV