URI Economist: Economy Shifted Into Higher Gear
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) â¿¿ A University of Rhode Island economist says the state's economy shifted into a higher gear at the beginning of the fourth quarter last year.
Leonard Lardaro on Monday released his "Current Conditions Index," which tracks several economic indicators on a monthly basis.
He says the state's economy in October showed the strongest momentum in "quite some time" after a stop-and-go period in which faster growth was recorded one month followed by slower growth in the next.
The state's unemployment rate in November was 10.4 percent, the second highest in the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV