Some Businesses In Texas Can Get Drought Help
DALLAS (AP) â¿¿ Federal officials say operators of small nonfarm businesses in 207 Texas counties still recovering from drought can seek low-interest federal disaster loans.
The Small Business Administration says the deadline to apply is Sept. 9. Economic injury disaster loans are available in amounts up to $2 million.
Businesses primarily engaged in farming or ranching are not eligible for this SBA disaster assistance.
Recent National Climate Data Center numbers indicated 2011 and last year were the state's warmest two-year span in more than 100 years. Texas, with 254 counties, had its driest year ever in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV