U.S. Travel Agents End 2012 Nearly 3 Percent Ahead Of 2011 In Air Ticket Sales
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARC, the financial settlement link between airlines and travel sellers, reported today the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold by U.S.-based travel agencies increased 2.93 percent * year-over-year in 2012 compared to 2011, and 9.22 percent compared to 2010. Ticket sales for 2012 totaled $84.5 billion, compared to $82.1 billion in 2011, and $77.4 billion in 2010.
Passenger segments in 2012 decreased slightly 0.13 percent at 369.9 million, compared to 370.4 million in 2011–while reflecting a 3.0 percent decrease compared to 2010. Ticket transactions in 2012 also decreased slightly by 0.47 percent over 2011, while down by 2.5 percent compared to 2010.
More detailed information is available at https://www.arccorp.com/news/stat/2012-12.jspAbout ARC:ARC powers the U.S.-based travel network with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data and analytics. Nearly 16,000 travel agencies and 187 airlines use ARC's settlement services, which in 2012 totaled more than $84 billion. As the industry's gold standard of accreditation, ARC allows participating agencies and carriers to focus on what's important – increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Va. For more information, visit www.arccorp.com. Notes for Editors:*Ticket Sales
- Results based on sales data ending Dec. 31, 2012 from 13,965 U.S. retail and corporate travel agencies, satellite ticket printing offices, and online travel agencies.
- Does not include sales of tickets purchased directly from airlines.
- Total sales are equal to the total amount paid for a ticket, which includes taxes and fees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV