As today’s consumer electronics and home appliances become more sophisticated, they require better performance and reliability. Designers of these types of switch mode power supply (SMPS) systems need space-saving, cost-effective power supply solutions with high energy efficiency that meet strict energy regulations. Fairchild Semiconductor’s (NYSE: FCS) FSL1x series of FPS™ Green Mode Power Switches help designers address these challenges.
The highly integrated FSL1x series is a two-chip-one-package design with an avalanche-rugged 650-800V SenseFET and a current-mode pulse width modulator (PWM) that is specifically designed to reduce component count and system costs for offline SMPS. Additionally, the green-mode functionality of the PWM controller helps to meet global energy regulations by minimizing standby power consumption.
These power switches allow for a longer survival at breakdown mode due to Fairchild’s vertical DMOS technology with rugged avalanche characteristics, making them superior to the competitor’s designs that utilize lateral DMOS technology. For maximum design flexibility, system productivity and reliability, the FPS family allows for single platform design for various input voltage requirements, so that both domestic and export models can meet all standard passive component requirements.
Compared to other discrete MOSFET and PWM controller solutions, the FSL1x series provides a basic platform ideally suited for significantly reducing total system costs and component count without sacrificing efficiency, productivity and system reliability.Features and Benefits:
- Frequency modulation for attenuating electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Internal soft-start circuit smoothly increases output voltage to help prevent transformer saturation while reducing stress on the secondary diode
- Burst-mode operation to minimize power dissipation in standby mode
- Integrated protection features reduce the need for external components, protections include: overload protection (OLP), over-voltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown (TSD), abnormal over-current protection (AOCP), output short protection (OSP) and auto restart mode
|TO-220F 6L Package|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts