Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, has announced that registration is now open for college students across the nation to compete in both the Arizona Onsite and Spring Virtual Avnet Tech Games. The events help students prepare for real-world business opportunities and compete for a chance to win scholarships.
The Spring Virtual Avnet Tech Games competition is open to college students nationwide. The onsite competition is open to Arizona college students only and will be held April 13, 2013, at The University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, Ariz. Both competitions challenge students to test their knowledge, creativity, decision-making, problem-solving and technical skills.
“We continue to invest in the Avnet Tech Games year after year because we believe strongly in the value it brings to the community and industry,” said Teri Radosevich, vice president of community relations and public affairs, Avnet, Inc. “These games provide college students with an opportunity to experience realistic work situations, faculty gain insight into today’s business needs and the business community benefits because graduates are better prepared for the workplace.”
The 2013 Spring Virtual Avnet Tech Games include:
- Android™ App Sell it or Smelt it - Students develop a mobile application for the Android™ platform by using innovative MIT Android™ App Inventor Technology.
- Green Video Competition - Competitors combine video production skills, environmental awareness and marketing skills to create a short video on environmental initiatives at their college.
- Accenture Green Data Center Challenge - Develop and present a proposal to bring an aging legacy data center forward into a model green data center.
- Build the Fastest Computer - Build, troubleshoot and tune a PC the fastest.
- Digital Design Dilemma - Create, validate and document a FPGA design that works on a provided circuit board.
- Java Blitz - Develop an application using Java 7 Standard Edition, which is a popular software development language that is used in many large corporations today.
- Networking Expert Battle - Student teams will set up, deploy, troubleshoot and repair a network similar to a small office configuration.
- Patch Panel Madness - Build a working data network using a provided network diagram, cabling, patch panels, switches and racks.
- Robot Race Obstacle Course - Build and program a robot to maneuver and tow objects through different courses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV