Due to the fact that health care is a needs-based industry, economic cycles have little effect on demand. As the U.S. population ages and life expectancy increases, demand for assisted living and skilled nursing facilities is expected to grow.
Another choice sector is the triple-net sector. Although the stand-alone class does not have the growth of the apartment and hospitality sectors, the contractually long-term leases make the triple-net sector more durable and dependable. In fact, during the Great Recession, three triple-net REITs not only paid dividends but all three of them actually increased.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV