NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) announced today that DSW Inc. (NYSE:DSW), a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer, will expand their use of NCR Advanced Store point of sale (POS) software to offer DSW shoppers mobile POS functionality and returns throughout the chain.
Advantages of bringing POS enabled tablets onto the store floor include:
- Sales associates can easily assist customers in finding items out of stock at the store they are in, but available at another store or on the DSW website;
- Loyalty program information is available anywhere, allowing associates on the floor to personalize the shopping experience with relevant product advice and make recommendations based on shoppers’ past purchases;
- Increased checkout capacity and agility at peak periods like holidays, weekends or major store sales days;
- Sales associates and sales management can now perform back office functions anywhere in the store floor, increasing customer service by keeping more associates on the store floor;
DSW will also implement NCR’s enterprise returns capability, ensuring customers get the correct refund for the correct item easily – with or without a receipt. DSW benefits also include a clear and accurate record of all purchases and subsequent returns available anywhere in the store, reducing losses linked to returns.
DSW worked with NCR’s Global Consulting Group to design an engaging mobile POS experience for customers and store associates. NCR consultants helped DSW define an achievable mobile POS program for their stores that provides associates ways to better serve customers throughout the store and to generate more sales.“DSW’s mission is to optimize the consumer experience in our stores making it easy and efficient for consumers to purchase the shoes they love,” said DSW Executive Vice President of Store Operations Carrie McDermott. “Deployment of mobile point of sale in our stores is designed to enable our store associates to get closer to the customer, making purchasing information and even the checkout process in the aisle vs. at traditional checkout lane. Along with our new returns systems, customer service will be enhanced to a new and exciting level as the systems are introduced.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts