Simmons noted that to give patrons the type of experience they expect at a high profile event such as the Sundance Film Festival, they needed a robust, carrier-class Wi-Fi network capable of supporting the high-volume demand.
"Deploying our own infrastructure gives us more control. That said, we really needed a carrier-class Wi-Fi system that delivers the concurrent capacity and high-speed experience that users are now demanding. Conventional Wi-Fi systems aren't designed for power users. Ruckus has continually proven to deliver a reliable wireless experience to our visitors. And they can never to seem to get enough."
The entire Wi-Fi network across all Festival venues includes 100 Ruckus ZoneFlex indoor and outdoor access points (APs), comprised of: 66 ZoneFlex 7962 and 14 ZoneFlex 7363 802.11n dual-band indoor APs; 18 ZoneFlex 7762 802.11n outdoor dual-band APs; two ZoneFlex 2741 outdoor 802.11g APs, and; two long-range ZoneFlex 7731 802.11n point-to-point bridges for backhaul. A new ZoneDirector 3100 wireless LAN (WLAN) controller with a 100 Mbps connection provides central management at Sundance Institute's data center for all of the remote sites, eliminating the need to have individual, local controllers at each site.
Sundance Institute Technology Services staff will remotely manage the entire indoor/outdoor Wi-Fi network over a private IP network using the Ruckus
ZoneFlex management system, housed 60 miles away from many of the access points (APs). The Festival is utilizing
Park City's fiber optic backbone and the Comcast local fiber and coaxial network to backhaul Wi-Fi traffic from each site through connections ranging from 25-100 Mbps.
Needed: Higher Capacity Wi-Fi
A key driver for this year's Wi-Fi infrastructure at the Festival is the anticipated increase in the number of tablets that will be used by attendees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV