- SOLAR ENERGY: The branch is powered by the sun using the most efficient photovoltaic (solar) panels on the commercial market.
- DAYLIGHT & OCCUPANCY SENSORS: The branch uses photo-sensors that control dimmable light fixtures as natural sunlight increases and occupancy sensors that prompt lights and computer monitors to shut off automatically in unoccupied spaces.
- DIRECT CURRENT (DC) POWER: Solar panels send energy from the sun to a DC ceiling grid system that powers highly-efficient LED interior lighting. This direct transfer of energy prevents the energy loss that would normally occur when converting DC to alternating current (AC).
- RESOURCE CONSERVATION: PNC used local and recycled resources for building structure and wall materials, as well as interior finishes. Products made with more than 80 percent recycled material were also selected for all ceiling tiles and walls.
- NATIVE PLANTS AND IRRIGATION: The landscape design is comprised of native Florida species, minimizing irrigation needs. Natural drainage channels lined with plants filter out pollutants and permit ground absorption, diverting much of the site's stormwater from municipal sewer systems.
- SOLAR SHADING: A canopy covers the building's southern exposure to reflect sun during the hottest part of the day without preventing natural daylight from entering the building, resulting in reduced cooling costs.
- WATER EFFICIENCY: Through highly-efficient water fixtures, the branch consumes 40 percent less water for interior use than a conventional building.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT: 98 percent of construction waste was diverted from landfills. In addition, branch staff recycle all paper, as well as cardboard, plastic, glass and metal containers.
Sun, Shade And Air Help PNC Achieve A Net-Zero Energy Branch
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts