CINCINNATI, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In just four months since its debut, "Let's Ask America" is gaining attention from new and growing audiences in Scripps markets, and also high praise from the industry's popular news blog site, Buzzerblog. Readers of the blog voted "Let's Ask America" as the top new game show of 2012.
"The show is just fun," wrote blogger Alex Davis. "It's not dark and suspenseful. There's no random outburst of luck. It's just people playing a game, joking around, and guessing answers to funny, provocative and entertaining questions."
The game show debuted as original programming in September 2012 in Scripps markets along with an infotainment program called "The List." The shows replaced longtime syndicated game shows, "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy." The new programming is drawing different audiences to Scripps TV stations and demographics that are very attractive to advertisers. They also are competing well in their time periods, regularly matching or outperforming the audiences of established syndicated programs in markets like Tampa and Cleveland.
"Let's Ask America" features contestants playing via Skype from the comfort of their own home while host Kevin Pereira has fun with the questions and players in front of a studio audience. "Let's Ask America" polls people around the country about fun and irreverent topics to get opinions. Players respond to the poll questions and answers to win as much as $50,000."The game is fun, challenging, gets you talking, and Kevin is great as host," added Davis. "They also, finally, got the interactive game show correct. The entire Skype element does add a very unique feel to the show not seen anywhere else. With 'Let's Ask America' you get a real cross section of the country – all ages, genders, and types are getting involved."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV