MURRAY HILL, N.J., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Glowpoint Inc., (NYSE MKT: GLOW), a leading global provider of cloud and managed video services, today announced that its Board of Directors has named Peter Holst president and chief executive officer, effective today. It is anticipated that Mr. Holst will also join the Board of Directors. Holst succeeds Joe Laezza, who is stepping down as President and CEO and resigning as a member of the Board. To facilitate a smooth transition, Mr. Laezza will continue to serve as an advisor to Mr. Holst and the Board for the remainder of the first quarter of 2013.
Mr. Holst recently joined Glowpoint through the acquisition of Affinity VideoNet and has been leading the Company's integration efforts of the two businesses. He has quickly become a key member of the executive management team.
"Peter has built and managed a successful and profitable business in Affinity VideoNet and is a customer-centric leader," said Jon DeLuca, Chairman of the Board of Directors. "His track record in the industry, proven leadership, and customer skills make him a logical choice to lead Glowpoint through its next stage of growth. I want to thank Joe Laezza for his service and dedication during his tenure with the company."
"The videoconferencing industry is rapidly changing, and I believe Glowpoint is uniquely positioned for the next stage of evolution," said Mr. Holst. "Glowpoint has unmatched experience in the industry, an outstanding global clientele, and an excellent opportunity to leverage its domain expertise into next generation solutions built around what customers demand – flexibility, ease of use and extraordinary customer service. I look forward to working with each and every employee, our customers, the Board of Directors and investors to fulfill Glowpoint's promise."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV