ATLANTA, Jan. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading edge retailers understand that being able to fulfill customer orders from anywhere in the supply chain gives them the flexibility to meet the ever changing shopping patterns of today's omni-channel consumers. These retailers are working with Manhattan Associates (Nasdaq:MANH) to turn traditional brick and mortar stores into flexible fulfillment centers, enabling them to fulfill online orders at the best possible margin, while meeting and exceeding the customer service levels and experiences set by the retail brand.
Tweet this news! Winning retailers look to fulfill more from the store floor w help from @manhassocnews @NRFnews @retailsbigshow #NRF13 www.manh.com/news/storecommerceactivation
A study * from RSR (Retail Systems Research) found that 79 percent of retailers indicated that allowing customers to choose their channels for purchase and delivery of goods was the most important cross-channel opportunity. However, the study revealed that only 38 percent of retail winners** currently have the processes in place to allow for these options. In order for retailers to provide a Zero Disappointment Retail experience, they must be capable of offering customers the flexibility to shop anywhere, anytime. The challenge to doing this profitably is more than simply taking orders—retailers must have confidence in store inventory levels and the tools necessary to fulfill the orders in the store, whether the customer is picking them up or having them delivered to their home."Retailers have managed to isolate their supply chains from cross-channel impacts during the early days of eCommerce, but cross-channel volume has now grown to the point where it can no longer be ignored," said Nikki Baird, managing partner, RSR Research. "Flexibility and a focus on the customer are critical – as is leveraging inventory wherever it may reside within your network."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV