Body Central Corp (Nasdaq:BODY), a leading multi-channel specialty retailer, is using Avery Dennison’s Pathfinder® markdown solution to increase margins and help enhance the customer experience by improving markdown accuracy.
- Body Central is using the Pathfinder, Avery Dennison’s one-piece automated scan, print and apply markdown solution, to improve markdown pricing accuracy.
- The Pathfinder replaced Body Central’s previous “red pen” price markdown process that was slow and inefficient and often meant markdowns weren’t completed on time. The old system also led to missed mark downs and resulted in a missed opportunity to sell an item during the first mark down versus the second or third.
- As a result of the implementation, Body Central is now able to complete markdowns in 50% less time than with the manual method.
- With the Avery Dennison Pathfinder, Body Central has achieved 98% markdown accuracy, improving margins and customer service, ensuring that the price on the ticket is the price the shopper pays at checkout.
- Avery Dennison also helps Body Central ensure that individual stores are executing markdowns effectively, as the reporting capabilities of the Pathfinder provide the tools to collect data for the actual number of markdowns completed for each store, as well as the time to perform markdowns.
- Thomas W. Stoltz, COO and Interim CEO, Body Central"With the Pathfinder, we're achieving 98% markdown accuracy. This translates to significant margin improvements. With this level of markdown accuracy, the customer experience is improved because shoppers know the price on the ticket will be the price at checkout.”
- Shawn Neville, president, retail branding and information solutions, Avery Dennison"Today’s shoppers are faced with an ever improving shopping experience, and more choices than ever regarding where to purchase goods. It’s important to provide the best shopper experience, while also enhancing margins and operating efficiencies. Body Central is a great example of a retailer creating a ‘win-win’ by providing the optimal customer experience while increasing margins and operating efficiency.”
Supporting Resourceswww.rbis.averydennison.com. Avery Dennison helps make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. The company is a global leader in pressure-sensitive technology and materials and retail branding and information solutions. A Fortune 500 company with sales of $6 billion from continuing operations in 2011, Avery Dennison is based in Pasadena, California with employees in more than 60 countries. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com. About Body Central Founded in 1972, Body Central Corp. is a growing, multi-channel, specialty retailer offering on-trend, quality apparel and accessories at value prices. As of August 2, 2012 the Company operated 258 specialty apparel stores in 24 states under the Body Central and Body Shop banners, as well as a direct business comprised of a Body Central catalog and an e-commerce website at www.bodyc.com. The Company targets women in their late teens and twenties from diverse cultural backgrounds who seek the latest fashions and a flattering fit. Stores feature an assortment of tops, dresses, bottoms, jewelry, accessories and shoes sold primarily under the Company's exclusive Body Central ® and Lipstick ® labels.