Tantalum Market Update (January 10, 2013)
The tantalum market was relatively quiet through December. The minor metal capped off 2012 trading in the $520 to $540/kg range on the European market. Tantalite prices also stabilized as the year wound to a close, according to Metal-Pages. Ta2O5 traded around $125 to $130/lb.
Imports of tantalum-niobium from China increased year-on-year to 9,236 tonnes in the first 11 months of 2012. Prices for the concentrates were down overall for the same period in 2011, averaging $19,117 per tonne.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV