Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a recognized global leader in solutions that extend real-time visibility into business operations, today announced its plans to introduce new mobile point of sale (POS) offerings in 2013. To be showcased at the National Retail Federation’s (NRF) 102 nd Annual Convention and Expo (booth #937), these solutions address a new wave of technology adoption, as retailers with physical locations look for ways to provide a differentiated customer experience and build brand loyalty.
“The data show that 7 percent of North American retailers currently use mobile POS, and another 48 percent have plans to do so in the next 24 months,” said Lee Holman, lead analyst for the IHL Group. “This adoption rate far exceeds that of any of the traditional POS technologies over that timeframe.”
Zebra has assembled a portfolio of products and partners to help retail customers of all sizes seize the opportunity and become more flexible and efficient in their operations. To bolster its mobile POS capabilities:
- Zebra recently completed the acquisition of StepOne Systems, a mobility software company that empowers store associates by giving them access to product details and inventory data to better support customers. Through StepOne’s retail application platform, Zebra can enable its partners and customers with the technologies they need to realize a fully integrated in-store solution for mobile payment, mobile checkout, customer engagement and store operations.
- Zebra formed a strategic partnership with Hybrid Paytech (CNSX: FAS), a key enabler of mobile payment technology that is PCI-compliant for EMV credit and PIN debit transactions. Supporting smartphones, tablets and PDA peripherals, the Hybrid solution has a full suite of functionality including multi-currency and multi-language.
- Zebra has also created a business relationship with Infinite Peripherals, Inc. to make Zebra’s Bluetooth ®-enabled printers interoperable with the Apple ® iOS platform. With many organizations today using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets as business tools, this collaboration simplifies the integration of printing solutions with a range of devices.
- Finally, Zebra has established a business relationship with VisibleBrands to offer stores impression-based digital coupons at the shelf. Using Zebra’s real-time locating system based on ultra wideband (UWB) technology, VisibleBrands Moment of Decision ® gives shoppers access to digital offers relevant to a shopper’s location, historic store data and the specific shopping session that is occurring.
In addition, NRF attendees will see Zebra’s latest additions to its product portfolio including the new iMZ220™ and iMZ320™. These “Made for iPod ®/iPhone ®/iPad ®” certified mobile printers enable users to print receipts from a range of mobile devices using payment applications or sleds to process credit card payments.The iMZ printers are among the first Link-OS™-enabled mobile products Zebra is introducing in 2013. Link-OS is an innovative new operating system that pairs a powerful software development kit and software applications with smart Zebra devices to make them easy to integrate, manage and maintain from any location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV