NRF 102 nd Annual Convention & EXPO (Booth #921) – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it is expanding its enterprise mobile computing portfolio to include devices built on the Microsoft Windows Embedded 8 Handheld platform. This expansion brings Windows Phone 8 technologies to enterprise customers, providing an innovative addition to Motorola’s portfolio of devices built on the Windows Mobile and Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 platforms and enhancing Motorola’s future solutions.
- Motorola (Booth #921) and Microsoft (Booth #1005) will showcase new Motorola enterprise mobile computing prototypes running Windows Embedded 8 Handheld at the National Retail Federation Convention & EXPO Jan. 14 and 15 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
- Motorola’s HTML5 cross-platform development framework, RhoElements will support Windows Embedded 8 Handheld. RhoElements helps enterprise customers write their applications once and run them on multiple legacy and future operating systems. This new technology will help reduce operating expenses by virtually future-proofing applications that will continue to run and perform on current and next generation enterprise devices.
- Users will gain enterprise-grade security and manageability along with full Windows Phone 8 application compatibility, allowing enterprises to leverage Microsoft enterprise ready applications including Dynamics AX, Lync and Office Mobile. With Windows Embedded 8 Handheld devices from Motorola, users benefit from a consistent, intuitive experience across devices using Windows 8, Window Phone 8 and Windows Embedded 8.
- With Windows Embedded 8 Handheld, enterprise users gain development productivity when creating business apps using common application programming interfaces (APIs) to access the integrated peripherals in Motorola devices. The same APIs are available in Windows Embedded 8 Standard and Windows Embedded 8 Industry platforms, making it easy to deliver an application on Motorola devices and then bring that application to fixed point of sale terminals, digital signage, kiosk and other embedded devices.
Kevin Dallas, general manager, Windows Embedded, Microsoft Corp.“Our work with Motorola Solutions is a key building block in helping to provide enterprises with the power of Windows Phone 8 for handheld devices within intelligent systems. From security and manageability to application compatibility across devices, the Windows Embedded 8 Handheld platform combined with Motorola’s innovative devices and tools will support integrated solutions for enterprises as they drive their businesses into the future.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV