DALLAS, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Compass Datacenters has achieved numerous strategic milestones since the company launched operations in April of 2012, laying a foundation for strong growth in the coming year. "This has been a very productive first few months for our company since our public launch in April, and I am very proud of how far we've come in such a short time," said Chris Crosby, CEO of Compass Datacenters. "We have exceeded all of our objectives for 2012, and we have a solid foundation in place for growth over the coming 12-18 months."
Compass began construction and leasing of data center campuses in two markets during 2012:
- The campus in Franklin, Tennessee (in suburban Nashville) that will have a total of five (5) data centers on the site, each with 1.2 MW of IT load.
- The campus in Durham, North Carolina (in Raleigh's Research Triangle Park) that will have a total of three (3) data centers, each with 1.2 MW of IT load.
- Compass Datacenters has completed its first leases in both markets. Windstream Hosted Solutions will be anchor tenants in both campuses and has announced details about the key role these facilities will play in their IT infrastructure.
"Both of these projects are off to great starts, with construction fully under way in both Durham and Franklin. Completion of the first data center buildings on the Durham and Franklin properties is projected for late Q1 and early Q2 2013, respectively," said Chris Curtis, Senior Vice President, Development & Acquisitions at Compass Datacenters.
Other milestones include:
- The first formal round of funding, a $45 million credit facility with an accordion feature up to $100 million from KeyBank.
- Tier III certification from Uptime Institute for Compass' facility design