Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson Controls, a global leader in automotive seating, will debut its new Inspiration Seat at this week's 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
"The Inspiration Seat transforms the typical three-seat rear space into two lounge seats with plush armrests and a highly contented console," said
Thomas Gould, design director, Johnson Controls Automotive Seating. "This innovative seating design offers state-of-the-art functionality and personalization, as well as integration of electrical functions into one main WiFi control module."
That integration means that the seat's functions can be controlled using iPads and other mobile devices. Visitors to NAIAS can try this functionality at Johnson Controls' exhibit in room D2-15
Detroit's Cobo Center.
The Inspiration Seat offers features such as:
- Multiple seating adjustment possibilities for maximum comfort, including easy control of head restraint with side wing, seat back, cushion, leg support and foot rest.
- State-of-the-art functionality such as memory, four-way lumbar support, multi-level massaging, heating and ventilation, armrest with integrated iPad pocket, wireless charging for smart phones and heating/cooling cupholder.
- Robust system design with all electrical functions integrated into one main WiFi control module.
- Upgradable and scalable hardware and software – mobile device applications can be extended to mobile phone or rear entertainment system display; iOS and Android versions are available.
An event sponsor and exhibitor, this is the 19th year that Johnson Controls will be involved in NAIAS. Its 10,000-square-foot exhibit will be open to media and invited guests. A product overview press conference will be held at
6:30 a.m. EST
Monday, January 14
The NAIAS event – one of the world's premier automotive exhibitions – opens to the media and industry officials on
Photos can be downloaded from our
online image gallery
About Johnson Controls:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2012,
Corporate Responsibility Magazine
recognized Johnson Controls as the #5 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit
About Johnson Controls Automotive Experience:
Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems, door and instrument panels, and interior electronics. We support all major automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through our products, technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With 240 locations worldwide, we are where our customers need us to be. Consumers have enjoyed the comfort and style of our products, from single components to complete interiors. With our global capability, we supply approximately 50 million cars per year.
SOURCE Johnson Controls
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts