DETROIT, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson Controls, a global leader in automotive seating, will debut its new Inspiration Seat at this week's 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
"The Inspiration Seat transforms the typical three-seat rear space into two lounge seats with plush armrests and a highly contented console," said Thomas Gould, design director, Johnson Controls Automotive Seating. "This innovative seating design offers state-of-the-art functionality and personalization, as well as integration of electrical functions into one main WiFi control module."
That integration means that the seat's functions can be controlled using iPads and other mobile devices. Visitors to NAIAS can try this functionality at Johnson Controls' exhibit in room D2-15 of Detroit's Cobo Center.
The Inspiration Seat offers features such as:
- Multiple seating adjustment possibilities for maximum comfort, including easy control of head restraint with side wing, seat back, cushion, leg support and foot rest.
- State-of-the-art functionality such as memory, four-way lumbar support, multi-level massaging, heating and ventilation, armrest with integrated iPad pocket, wireless charging for smart phones and heating/cooling cupholder.
- Robust system design with all electrical functions integrated into one main WiFi control module.
- Upgradable and scalable hardware and software – mobile device applications can be extended to mobile phone or rear entertainment system display; iOS and Android versions are available.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts