REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced its sponsorship of the newly launched GovernYourData.com, a vendor-neutral, online community and resource center focused on data governance success, open to all data governance stakeholders and solutions providers.
The industry's first one-stop data governance resource, GovernYourData.com is the only online data governance site to provide a combination of:
- An open data governance forum for sharing industry best practices and tips.
- Free, self-service data governance tools for assessing data governance maturity and prioritizing data management-related business opportunities.
- Third-party content including best practices whitepapers, research reports, blogs and other non-promotional content from data governance thought-leaders, solution providers and IT professionals.
" GovernYourData.com fulfills a long-standing need for an interactive, vendor-neutral community around data governance," said Rob Karel, vice president of product strategy, Informatica. "So many data governance initiatives fail because they are over-scoped and overly dependent on expensive consulting services just to get started and build necessary momentum. By enabling peer-to-peer engagement and free access to practical tools, resources and expert advice, GovernYourData.com will help enterprises take a more pragmatic and ultimately more successful approach to data governance enterprise wide.""Data governance is critical to every organization, across all industries, and while other data governance sites exist, none appear to offer the openness and scope of GovernYourData.com," said Anne-Marie Smith, principal consultant with Alabama Yankee Systems and DAMA International board member. "I applaud the site's vision of propagating data governance best practices, reducing a data governance initiative's cost and risk, and helping to increase project return-on-investment through open access to tools, expert opinions and current information. I look forward to being a part of this community and its discussions." Tools to Accelerate and Lower the Cost of Governance Initiatives GovernYourData.com offers a set of free, self-service data governance tools that help members plan and scope their governance and related data management initiatives in order to increase their effectiveness and mitigate common roadblocks to delivering anticipated business value. These free tools include:
- Business Opportunity Prioritization Assessment. A unique and powerful tool that evaluates and scopes an organization's data-dependent business initiatives. This free tool delivers the initial framework for a governance initiative and helps organizations prioritize where to most effectively invest subsequent data governance resources.
- Data Governance Maturity Assessment. An easy-to-use tool thatcustom-generates recommendations based on an organization's assessment responses. Recommendations are delivered immediately online and multiple versions can be saved on the site. It is recommended that organizations take the assessment twice: once to assess current state maturity and the second time to focus on future state vision.
- Jim Harris, independent consultant and "Blogger-in-Chief" of the Obsessive-Compulsive Data Quality Blog.
- Richard Northwood, popular data quality and data management blogger for Musings of a Data Geek.
- Sunil Soares, founder and managing partner at Information Asset, LLC. Formerly director of information governance at IBM.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV