American Realty Capital Trust Reminds Stockholders To Vote "FOR" The Realty Income Merger At The January 16, 2013 Special Meeting
NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Realty Capital Trust, Inc., (NASDAQ: ARCT) ("ARCT" or the "Company") today reiterated its recommendation that all ARCT stockholders vote "FOR" the proposal to approve the merger with Realty Income Corporation (NYSE: O) ("Realty Income") and the other transactions contemplated by the merger agreement at the Company's Special Meeting of Stockholders scheduled for Wednesday, January 16, 2013. Stockholders can vote by:
- Telephone. Call toll free: (800) 690-6903. Stockholders must have their control number in hand. Follow the instructions provided.
- Internet. Log onto the website: www.proxyvote.com. Stockholders must have their control number in hand. Follow the instructions provided.
If a stockholder has previously voted against the transaction, they can still change their vote. A later-dated vote cast via the Internet, by telephone or a later-dated signed proxy card voting FOR the merger will cancel any previous vote. ARCT recommends that stockholders use the Internet and telephone voting options as time is short to the meeting date.
"We are encouraged by the support we have received from our stockholders in favor of the transaction, and look forward to completing the merger shortly," said William M. Kahane, Chief Executive Officer and President of ARCT. "We strongly believe that the merger with Realty Income achieves the highest attainable value for our stockholders and also allows them to participate in the potential upside of the combined company."As previously announced on January 9, 2013, Institutional Shareholder Services ("ISS") recommends that ARCT stockholders vote FOR its proposed merger with Realty Income. In making its recommendation, ISS highlighted that: "As the significant increase in expected dividends per O share, which fundamental analysis suggests should bolster O share prices, will likely have the effect of strengthening the merger's primary currency, moreover, ARCT shareholders can reasonably expect that the full market value of the consideration they receive will continue to improve as the market recognizes this increase in the value provided by O shares."*
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV