JACKSON, Mich., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy's 1.7 million natural gas customers are paying at least 10 percent less for fuel costs now compared to last winter. In addition, Michigan's largest gas utility is planning a further 15 percent price reduction in its fuel price charged to customers beginning in April.
"Prices charged by Consumers Energy for natural gas are the lowest they've been in a decade -- since 2003," said Tim Sparks, Consumers Energy's vice president of energy supply operations. "We're planning an additional 15 percent price reduction beginning in April and continuing at that level on a go-forward basis. As part of our promise to Michigan, we're working hard to control our costs and help our gas customers manage their household budgets," said Sparks.
The utility provides natural gas service to 1.7 million customers in 45 counties in Michigan's Lower Peninsula. Consumers Energy operates 15 natural gas storage fields in Michigan's Lower Peninsula, one of the largest systems of its kind in the nation.
Consumers Energy recommends that customers save additional money by making their homes more energy efficient. Information on the utility's energy efficiency programs is available at www.consumersenergy.comThe website also features an easy-to-use calculator to compare natural gas costs to other heating fuels, such as propane or heating oil. For details, visit: http://www.consumersenergy.com/gascenter and choose "Natural Gas Value Calculator." Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), provides natural gas and electricity to 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. For more information about Consumers Energy, visit us at www.consumersenergy.com SOURCE Consumers Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV