10 Cities Poised For Greatness in 2013
The somewhat lesser known of this year's European Capitals of Culture is quite a gem in its own right.
The second-largest city in Slovakia behind Bratislava is a melange of Gothic cathedrals, Baroque theaters and remnants of city walls dating back to the 11th Century. It's also teeming with artwork, which all goes on display for the Night Of Museums and Galleries celebration and the Use The City festival of public art, both in May.Though no longer as inexpensive as before switching from its koruna to the euro five years ago, Kosice and surrounding Slovakia are still the gorgeous and relatively undiscovered gems of Central Europe. Unless visitors enjoy a brisk day for sipping mulled wine and enjoying local beers, this Capital of Culture is best enjoyed between May and September, when it's slightly less gray and frigid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV