10 Cities Poised For Greatness in 2013
OK, college bros, we know this city was poised for greatness back when you totally ogled that escort chick in the window and went to that hash bar before downing three Royales with cheese. Cool story.
For the grown-ups among us who no longer have the brain cells to spare and get drowsy just thinking about hitting said bars -- regardless of the quality of their baked goods -- there are far better reasons to visit Amsterdam in 2013. The city's I Am Amsterdam celebrations tie together a number of significant birthdays and anniversaries into one big yearlong party.Amsterdam's canal system turns 400 years old in 2013 with tours, exhibitions and skating along its frozen channels. The Artis Royal Zoo turns 175, and the Royal Concertgebouw music venue celebrates 125 years. Native son Vincent van Gogh would have celebrated his 160th birthday this year, and the Van Gogh Museum museum plans to celebrate by reopening in the summer after a long series of renovations. Speaking of renovations, the Rijksmuseum art museum bitterly refuses to mark its 10th consecutive year of renovations and opens its doors again April 14 after nearly a decade of renovations. Cultured "I Am Amsterdam" attendees can once again stroll its 80 halls of art dating back to the Middle Ages, get an eyeful of Rembrandt's Night Watch and ... what? ... OK, fine, that's totally a plate full of weed and a bag of cannibis cookies on I Am Amsterdam's front page. Damn you, Amsterdam.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV