10 Cities Poised For Greatness in 2013
It's tough to say the city of Joyce, Yeats and Beckett is poised for greatness. When Ireland calls everybody home, however, it's perhaps the only way to make a great city of pubs, song, literature and culture even greater.
Those with Irish ancestry or a healthy envy of those who have it may want to consider heading to Dublin for The Gathering Ireland 2013, a yearlong series of festivals, concerts, clan gatherings and sporting events celebrating Ireland and its diaspora. While more than 70 million people around the world claim Irish descent, a full 44 million of those are Americans.The highlights include a supersized St. Patrick's Day celebration in Dublin in march, a nod to Irish music and dance during the Temple Bar TradFest this month and trips out to the ghost towns that families left behind after the Great Famine in the late 1800s. Millions are expected to trace their roots and join clan gatherings across the country, but Dublin will be their gateway and should reap much of the benefit from the festivities. If it gets even some Americans to pass up parades and bars with paper shamrocks in the windows, The Gathering will be a worthy endeavor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV