10 Cities Poised For Greatness in 2013
Santa Clara, Calif.
Add an NFL stadium and a franchise or two to that mix and 2013 may be the year that boosts Santa Clara to the next level. The San Francisco 49ers broke ground on their stadium in Santa Clara last year and already began offering season ticket holders at Candlestick Park first crack at seats in the facility.This year, however, the NFL is expected to announce whether the new Santa Clara Stadium or Sun Life Stadium in Miami will get to host Super Bowl L in 2016. The Miami Dolphins ownership and Miami city officials are already looking for public money to spruce up their stadium, but taxpayers may be loath to pay out after just buying a new ballpark for the Miami Marlins only to watch owners completely dismantle the team. If the 2016 Super Bowl somehow escapes Santa Clara's grasp, it goes automatically into contention for Super Bowl LI the next year. The 49ers should also find out this year whether the Oakland Raiders will be joining them in their new home. The Raiders' lease on O.co (OSTK) Coliseum expires after this year, and while NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell supports a sharing agreement similar to what the New York Giants and Jets have in New Jersey, Raiders owner Mark Davis has been reluctant to move the team. A lot has to fall Santa Clara's way for it to have a big 2013, but it's tough to bet against the town when there's so much working in its favor. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV