All Party Parliamentary Group's (APPG) Report 'Towards A Safer Drug Policy': Angelus Calls For Leadership Over Legal Highs Education
1) Maryon Stewart lost her daughter to GBL and established the Angelus Foundation. It is the only drugs charity dedicated to combating legal highs and club drugs and launched a national campaign in October including the website http://www.whynotfindout.org. There is also a site for families http://www.angelusfoundation.com.
2) Angelus maintains there is almost no guidance or resources given by the Department of Education to schools and universities to give young people information about drugs particularly legal highs. Earlier this year the Home Secretary's set out the priorities for drug policy to the Chair of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs and did not mention education or prevention.
3) Figures show that spending on drugs education - including information services - has fallen from £3.9m in 2009-10 to £0.5m in 2010-11.
4) The easy access to legal highs will be exposed by BBC London's Inside Out to be broadcast on 14 January at 7.30 pm (Sky channel 954)SOURCE Angelus Foundation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts