AP: There are a lot of naysayers out there, including GM's CEO Dan Akerson, who have suggested Lincoln has fallen too far to be revived. What do you say to that?
Mulally: I just believe Jim's vision that he laid out, when we decided to focus on Ford and Lincoln, so we had a great volume brand for everybody and a premium brand. And then let each one do the talking. I wouldn't go out and bad mouth things. Let each of them do their thing and tell everybody that this is the brand promise. You can't get in that car (hybrid MKZ) and operate it and get out of it and not go, "Wow. That's a different experience." And there are people â¿¿ there are a lot of people â¿¿ who want that experience, they want that innovative technology and they want to access it. They don't want to pay $100,000. And Ford can do that. Ford can really do that.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV