Alabama Supreme Court Recognizes Unborn As Persons In Landmark Ruling
MONTGOMERY, Ala., Jan. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Alabama Supreme Court has ruled that a chemical endangerment statute must protect children who have not been born yet. The strongly worded ruling is the most important affirmation of the personhood of the pre-born child since the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.
The case was appealed to the AL Supreme Court by Amanda Kimbrough, a mother who admits that she smoked meth three days before her baby was born at 25 weeks. Tragically, baby Timmy lived for only a few minutes. The autopsy showed that the baby died from methamphetamine exposure.
"The Alabama Supreme Court has dealt a massive blow to the constitutional fraud of Roe v. Wade by recognizing that the preborn child is a person," explained Personhood USA Legal Analyst Gualberto Garcia Jones, J.D. "This is yet another confirmation that the fight for personhood is targeting the Achilles' heel of the abortion industry and Roe v. Wade."
Kimbrough's attorney had previously debated Personhood Alabama founding member Attorney Ben DuPre on CNN. Kimbrough's attorney claimed in the interview that their case hinged upon the fact that the law regarding methamphetamine exposure to children did not apply to unborn children, only to born children.The New York Times covered Kimbrough's case in in April, when she was found guilty of a Class A felony. The article quoted assistant district attorney Angela Hulsey as stating, "She caused the death of another person, a person that will never have the chance to go to school, go to the prom, get married, have children of their own. You're dealing with the most innocent of victims." The Alabama Supreme Court agreed with Hulsey, stating in their ruling that, "The decision of this Court today is in keeping with the widespread legal recognition that unborn children are persons with rights that should be protected by law."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV