Samsung Galaxy S3 Dethrones IPhone As Best Device For 2012
Then there's the hardware. While iPhone 5 is unquestionably the better looking phone and more portable and pocketable, the Samsung Galaxy S3 fits in more with what people appear to want. The larger screen of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.8" to iPhone 5's 4", with iPhone 4S sporting a 3.5" display), the S3 is the better phone for YouTube™, reading and games - a bigger screen right now is more popular, which is why Apple made its iPhone's screen slightly bigger, too. The S3 has a larger battery, and while the battery life of iPhone 5 is similar, the S3 fared much better than the old iPhone 4S. The Galaxy S3 also has inside a special quad core processor. Without getting too technical, it was a headliner at launch and was more powerful than anything else. iPhone 5 has a dual core chip that's just as quick, but because it was released later, people expected more.
With the time advantage, superior feature list and some attractive hardware features, the Samsung Galaxy S3 was almost an easy pick for CNET. If you want to get in on the action, the S3 is available free at Carphone Warehouse from £26 per month.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners. About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV