- Never use a gas oven, portable barbeque or range for space heating.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur as a result of a poorly ventilated heater or a CO leak from another source. Have natural gas furnaces checked at least once a year by a licensed heating contractor or SDG&E.
- Vacuum and clean regularly in and around the furnace, particularly around the burner compartment to prevent a build-up of dust and lint.
- Never store items in, on or around the appliance that can obstruct airflow.
- If you suspect that you or a loved one is suffering from CO poisoning, call 911 immediately
- Visit sdge.com/safety for more information on staying safe.
SDG&E Shares Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips With Customers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts