Phillips Lytle LLP Attorney, Richard J. Marinaccio, The Reigning U.S. MONOPOLY Champion, Urges Fans Of The Venerable Board Game To Keep The "Thimble" In Play
BUFFALO, N.Y., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Richard J. Marinaccio, an attorney with Phillips Lytle LLP, one of the region's best known law firms, is putting on his MONOPOLY top hat as the venerable game's U.S. champion, to defend the game piece that made him America's MONOPOLY king. Mr. Marinaccio, 30, of Amherst, is calling on fans of the board game to give a "Thumbs Up for the Thimble."
"My favorite token is the thimble. It was the token I used to win the U.S. Championship. It seems as though competitors favored the dog, racecar, and top hat, so I thought the thimble was a token I could make my own," Mr. Marinaccio said.
Hasbro, Inc., maker of the classic board game which dates back to 1935, announced January 9 it will eliminate one of the eight current game pieces and replace it with one of five new tokens. The Rhode Island-based toymaker is conducting a world-wide game piece vote via Facebook ( www.facebook.com/Monopoly).The existing token which garners the least votes will "Go Directly to Jail" and be banished from the board forever. Meanwhile, the most popular of the five new game pieces will have the right to buy up the beloved board game's real estate, transportation lines and utilities. Mr. Marinaccio is urging MONOPOLY players to protect the "thimble" from extinction. "Initially, I was sad to hear that one of the classic MONOPOLY tokens would be replaced. Some of these tokens have been around since the beginning and memories are often tied to a certain token," Mr. Marinaccio said. In addition to the thimble, which has been on the board since the game's debut, the current roster of MONOPOLY tokens includes: a battleship, iron, racecar, shoe and top hat, all original game pieces. The Scottie dog and wheelbarrow were introduced in the 1950s.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV