The Dow Jones industrial average rose 17.21 points to 13,488.43. The Nasdaq composite index rose 3.87 to 3,125.63. The S&P 500 was little changed, closing at 1,472.05.
Benchmark oil dropped 26 cents to finish at $93.56 a barrel in New York. Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, fell $1.25 to end at $110.64 per barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London.
Wholesale gasoline fell 5 cents to finish at $2.74 a gallon. Heating oil lost 5 cents to end at $3.01 a gallon. Natural gas rose 13 cents to finish at $3.33 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV