News Summary: Can Europe Climb Through Slump?
By The Associated Press
REMEMBER GREECE? The big worry a year ago was that Greece would collapse under its debts and roil Europe's financial markets. But the world's most dangerous bond market turned out to be one of the world's best bets last year. Many of Europe's markets surged.
NOW WHAT? The worst is over, investors say. That's where any agreement ends. Some on Wall Street think European stocks will outpace those in the U.S.
PLENTY OF PROBLEMS: The 17 countries that share the euro currency are in a second recession in three years; the unemployment rate reached a new high of 11.8 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV