13 Ways to Sell Your Home in 2013
Make Yourself Scarce
The more you show your home, the more possible buyers you are likely to reach. And since "having the seller around often makes the buyer uncomfortable," according to Cammarosano, "If possible for all showings, the seller should plan on not being at home while the Realtor shows the home."
"The man or woman who works late might be the best potential purchaser. So having a 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. showing shouldn't be out of the question."
Leverage Multiple Social Media Platforms Using Facebook and Twitter to spread word that you've put your home on the market can be a fruitful marketing tactic, most industry professionals would agree. Paul Zweben, a Douglas Elliman real estate agent, said he posts every one of his listings on his employer's Facebook page -- with information on its first open house. "Just another way of getting our listings spread virally," he said. Katie Lance, social media director at real estate website Inman News, also recommends leveraging video applications including Videolicious, Ptch, Tout and Viddy. The apps allow users to shoot and edit videos, and then distribute them across social networks. "Instagram can also be used to take photos of not just the rooms in a house but unique details that make the house stand out," she said.
More From AOL Real Estate Home Affordability Likely Hit Record High in 2012 Is Off-the-Grid Living the Future of Housing? 30% of U.S. Homeowners Are Mortgage-Free, Zillow Says
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV