13 Ways to Sell Your Home in 2013
Host a Raffle to Increase Foot Traffic
Dangle the possibility of winning a prize, like a trip or an iPad, in order to attract buyers to house tours. Raffle the prize off after a certain date.
"This will increase foot traffic to the house and may help you find that perfect buyer," Loucas said. "So maybe the buyer doesn't get the house bid, but can win an all-expenses paid dinner at a local restaurant."
Offer Free Home Warranties If you have an old home, some potential buyers may be wary of hidden defects or deteriorating appliances. To allay their fears, you could guarantee features including the home's air conditioning system, water heater or roof. "Offering free home warranties for older homes is used now and can make a difference for buyers concerned about the age of appliances," Loucas said. Provide Floor Plans and a Schedule of Expenses Providing buyers with floor plans and a schedule of monthly expenses makes it easier for a buyer to determine if a property is right for him, Cammarosano of HomeGain said. Offering such information upfront also suggests to a buyer that the seller aims to be transparent -- which could enhance seller-buyer rapport. "Some homes may have energy efficient appliances, or insulation that keep costs low. The seller would want to highlight and document that," he said. "Floor plans are important as the potential purchaser can look at them when they get the home and plan how their existing or planned purchased furniture may fit."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV