13 Ways to Sell Your Home in 2013
Offer Free Home Maintenance Services
Offering free home maintenance for a period of time can be a good way to sweeten the deal for some prospective buyers.
"Provide free services, where a seller prepays on behalf of the buyers for services," advises Ariana Loucas, a Realtor in Columbia, Md. She said that services could include anything from maid service to pool maintenance, or even snowfall removal.
If You're Underwater, Consider a Short Sale -- and Do it Right
A short sale refers to when a borrower sells a home for less than what the homeowner owes on a mortgage. Homeowners who previously shied away from short sales may want to reconsider them in 2013. Policy changes among banks and investors have made them significantly easier to pull off.Here are some tips on how to sell your home short: "Re-think what constitutes a 'hardship' needed for banks to approve a short sale," said Daren Blomquist, vice president of online foreclosure marketplace RealtyTrac. Looser guidelines are more flexible on what a bank considers a hardship, and lenders are now much more willing to approve short sales for homeowners who are still paying their mortgages, he said. Use a Realtor who is a short sale specialist. "Look for agents who are Certified Distressed Property Experts or SFR Certified (a short sales and foreclosure resource) through the National Association of Realtors," he said. Communicate early on in the short sale process with your lender. You may be able to work out a pre-approved short sale price or even take advantage of cash-incentive programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV