13 Ways to Sell Your Home in 2013
Choose a Realtor Carefully
Ask the right questions when choosing a Realtor, advises Louis Cammarosano, general manager of listing service HomeGain.
Does the Realtor have a strong record of recent sales? Does he or she sell listings at or near their asking prices? If not, ask why.
Also discuss pricing strategies that are right for your home. Have the Realtor provide you with a comparative market analysis.Just listing a home on the MLS is not enough, Cammarosano said. And find out if a candidate has ready access to homebuyers, as well as whether they are full-time or part-time professionals.
List Your Home as Early in the Year as Possible Most homes sell before September, largely because many buyers want to move into new homes before the school year starts, Cammarosano said. So if you want the best shot at attracting the most buyers, put your home on the market as early in the new year as possible, he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV