13 Ways to Sell Your Home in 2013
Display QR Codes and Targeted URLs on Your For-Sale Sign
Todays' myriad technologies offer a treasure trove of marketing tools. A particularly nifty one is a QR code, Faranda says. You can leverage this technology by putting it on your for-sale sign. That allows a passerby to scan the code with a mobile device and visit the home's online listing.
If you can't get that high-tech, provide a URL on the sign that brings a visitor directly to the home's mobile-customized online listing, not just the home page of the listing's brokerage.
Advertise Financing TermsMedia reports on the housing market these days often dwell on banks' tight underwriting standards. That can lead some buyers to shy away from homes that they could actually afford. As a result, it may be wise for a seller to advertise financing options to potential buyers. "Most people, because of all the publicity of banks tightening their standards, believe that they need six figures in order to buy a house," Faranda said. But, in fact, it's possible for borrowers with the right qualifications to spend far less than that to buy a relatively expensive home, he said. Take a $500,000 home, Faranda said. In today's market, "you could put that [a home] can be purchased for $18,500 down at an APR of 4.25 percent with a monthly payment of $2,200."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV